Resolved
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Update by user Mar 12

The local Hertz office refunded this charge.They suggested that I carefully review the paper rental agreement before accepting the car.

I suggested they present the rental agreement (and a signature page) on a full size tablet rather than a single line accepting a signature. The technology at the counter is designed to limit your view and thus review of your rental agreement.

I also contacted the Attorney General in FL.I would say that Hertz is engaged in cramming.

Original review posted by user Mar 01

Low and behold Hertz crammed a $201 dollar charge onto my credit card for services which I declined at the counter.I rented a car and declined rental car insurance coverage because I carry supplemental insurance from insurance from a third party provider.

My rental car coverage costs $13 for each rental; and Hertz charges $11 a day plus 50% tax which annualised to $5400 a year (outrageous!). This is not the first after-bill I have gotten from Hertz; I frankly think that cramming may be an encouraged business practice.

I have contacted Pat Bondi the Florida Attorney General, and I have filed a credit card dispute.I know there have been several class actions regarding rental car company overcharges but it does not seem to have any effect in rooting out bad conduct.

Review about: Hertz Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Location.

I didn't like: Cramming.

Had an Experience with Hertz?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1297300

Dispute the charge, of course.