1.4
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I rented on line through our insurance company with Hertz two months before our trip to Florida, paid with my debit card, printed and was all set for a rental.

Being I was travelling with my 83 year old husband and exhausted from the delays in our flights we were not given a chance to view our agreement before asked to sign and leave with the rental car. I received my credit card statement and was shocked at the charges.

I compared the printed agreement to the online receipt. The agreement given to us at Hertz did not have the charges explained, just letters and a fee. The on line receipt had the charges spelled out. On the on line printed receipt I was charged insurance fees I had already paid when booking and my insurance would cover any damages during our rental time.

A phone call was made to the Hertz rental number to talk about the extra insurance charges. The explanation was the agreement was signed, but we can give you $100 credit. I was charged over $400 in fees for insurance and taxes. This is highway robbery.

We will not use Hertz again and will not recommend anyone use Hertz rental cars ever.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hertz Car Rental Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I liked: Cleanliness of vehicle, Selection of cars.

I didn't like: Overcharges, Added insurance for commssion, That the printed agreement was not understandable.

Comments

This is unfortunate, but Hertz is correct here. You signed a contract.

The fact that you didn't read it first is on you. NEVER sign anything without reading - once you sign you are bound.