Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Made a reservation with Priceline for a 4 day rental which a total was given 249+ dollars without the 11 dollar a day for insurance. Got to Hertz in Hoffman Estates, IL and the lady at the desk stated in order to rent a car with a debit card, needed 2 photo ids, a corporate id, and had to do a soft credit check.

Provided her with all the documents and after I signed the contract thinking that my debit card will be only charged for the 200 dollar holding fee, she gave me a contract showing that instead of the 200 holding fee, they charged my debit card 550 dollars, which was the 200 holding fee plus the charge of 350.00 for the rental for 4 days. Now I have rented Hertz cars before and I have never experienced Hertz charging for the total cost of the rental which I had not drove the rental car off the lot yet and the 200.00 holding fee. I was very upset when I saw that Hertz deducted 550 dollars from my account. And then I was told I did not have an option to not want to pay for the insurance which Hertz charged me 24.95 per day for insurance.

The Hertz saleslady told me I did not have an option to not have insurance with them I had to pay for they're insurance to cover the car. Which I have never heard of this. First of all Hertz sales person did NOT explain these options and charges before the contract. I had to find out about these charges and options when she put the contract in my hand and I read that they deducted 550.00 out of my account.

I immediately cacelled that contract and gave her the keys to that car because of Hertz being deceptive and misleading. Here I had a reservation for 4 days for 249.00 from Priceline and Hertz charged me 550.00 dollars without explaining why until they deducted this amount from my account. Hertz has become unethical with they're business practices and is fraudulent and deceptive when it comes to providing you the information a customer needs before making a decision to rent with them. They are overcharging the customer to rent a car from them.

If they were charging me the full price for the rental before I even drove the car, then why are they charging the customer again for a hold fee on the car?

That is unethical and fraudulent. And Hertz is being very deceptive with they're business practices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hertz Car Rental Booking.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 14.

Comments