Featured
Sally M Uuk

Problem with van rental in Memphis

Hertz - Problem with van rental in Memphis
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Nov 03, 2023

My issue is NOT with Expedia as much as it is with HERTZ-RENT-A-CAR! Nothing has been resolved.

Original review Oct 16, 2023
I went to designated address to pick up a van I had requested. When I got there, there was a sign on the door that read that the building was closed due to electrical problems.

There was no other explanation as to what to do. I called Hertz and could not get through the 10 times I tried! In the meantime, there were at least 10 others who came by to pick up or return a car. No one knew what else we needed to do, but call Hertz.

I also tried calling Enterprise, and when a call finally went through, I was told to get in touch with Hertz. There were other van rentals that I was told I could probably get, but because we needed it the same day, the cost would be much higher! I mean more than twice of what I was being charged by Hertz. No way I could afford it!

I drove to the Hertz airport location, parked, and was told to move my car or they'd call a tow!!! We left and went to another Hertz location (14 miles away). It was 3:50 p.m. and that location was CLOSED, even though their sign said they closed at 4:00.

They apparently closed early! Mind you, every other moment, I was calling Hertz and Expedia over and over again! I was to have left no later than 6:00 and it was nearly 5:00. I finally got in touch with someone at Hertz (national number) and was told to go back to the airport location, and they would honor my original price and van.

So, we drove an extra 14 miles BACK to the airport. After waiting in line (there were 6 other people in front of me), I finally made it to an agent who told me they were sold out of vans and she didn't know of ANY vans in the area! She said I'd have to wait until Monday. I had been livid for several hours by now and asked for a supervisor, and I was directed to another building.

I waited for the supervisor, who was working the counter. When I finally got up there, she said they had no vans at all, and even if they had, it would be twice as much I was originally going to rent one for. In the middle of our interaction, she turned around, without saying anything, and had some other gentleman come out to "deal'' with us as she apparently left for the day...without a word to us. Quite rude actually.

He, too told us there were no vans anywhere, and there was nothing they could do. Mind you, I was, and had been, very calm and respectful this whole time, but inside I was fuming. The bottom line - I had to cancel my trip, lose money from missing my show, and negatively lose respect and reputation. I'm a comedian and canceling a show, especially at the last minute, really affects my status!

I'm extremely mad at Hertz!

I hope you take all of this in when thinking about using Hertz in the future!!! This was totally unacceptable!
$2000
Pros:
  • Can be a money saver if everything goes correctly
Cons:
  • Uses hertz for vehicle rentals

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: NEVER use HERTZ!!!

Keith R Rag

| map-marker Groton, Connecticut

Charges on card

Hi, my name is Keith Robinson Jr. From 5/16/24 to 5/23/24, I was an additional driver on this reservation for the Tesla. Prior to my grandma, who is the authorized card user, getting the car, neither she nor I were notified about a fee to charge this car. Nowhere were we told that. And if there was a charging fee, why weren't we notified that they would be charging my grandma's credit card for the charging fees? If you could assist me with this situation, I would appreciate it.

Judith S Lhe

| map-marker Littleton, Colorado

Rental Issue

Hertz - Rental Issue

March 30, 2024

To Someone Who Would Care at Hertz:

I would like to first say that myself, my husband and almost all the people at the 1000 employee firm use Hertz and love it. However, for me, I had a very unhappy experience this week with your company that I need to share. I do not normally do this, but it even cut my trip short, and I had to pay the hotel for that day that I did not stay ($182.00).

I always reserve a car or small SUV gas and being 5 feet 0 inches, I try to find one that I will be able to ride in comfortably for my safety and others. Hertz has always been able to accommodate me on this except for this time, for me my first time from *** truly it ruined my time with my family.

I specifically, as my norm, reserved a Full-Size (gas) Sedan (which is out of my norm, but it stated it was a Malibu or similar) and the price was reasonable. My confirmation number was K761249**** in Philadelphia, coming from Colorado and picking up March 26 and retuning March 30th. I always pre-pay for my gas on my return so I do not have to worry about it. My family lives in South Jersey by the shore and that is where I was headed. I picked up the car around 5:30 pm. It was the worst car I have driven as it was an electric Chevy Volt.

When I arrived on Tuesday, March 30th there were only 3 cars on the lot and 3 of us on the bus all Gold members and the only cars left were electric. Now, I have never, ever driven an electric vehicle and did not even realize it was electric until I got to the gate to check out. The gentleman at the gate is the one who informed me that it was electric, told me a little bit about what to do. I was very nervous because I do not think that area of South Jersey may not have many or any charging stations available, so he gave me a sheet with a QR code to scan for areas to go to charge, but it kept bringing up Orlando, so it honestly did me no good. Then I asked well how far I can go with this car and he looked in and he said they must not have charged it as it read 50 so I assumed 50 miles, that was not going to make it to where I was headed and it did not.

I had to get out of Philly and try to find some place at night and I was in a panic as I had absolutely no idea what to do. I finally found a place that had all Tesla chargers (which I learned from a nice gentleman that they only charge Teslas) but he directed me to another area that could prob charge my car. This place I was able to use my credit card and I was now down to 25 and it told me it would take an hour to get to 80%. AN HOUR, at night in the middle of nowhere and not 100% sure what the *** I was doing. Being from Jersey I was blessed that the others around me were so nice to help, as I expected.

The car was an absolute disaster, I did not even drive far when I got to my families area just back and forth to houses close by but it made me so uncomfortable that I decided I would leave a day earlier and had to change my flight and then was told I could not get a refund on the last day at the hotel, but because it was not an easy area to find charging stations I felt it was better to do it that way then to try and stick it out with this car.

The morning, I decided to return, Friday the night before I looked for places to charge the car as again, it was down to 22 and found one at a Toyota Dealership nearby. I (ignorantly) thought it would be like the other charging station, but I was completely wrong. First off there was only one charger and it took two different types of cars (had no clue). But on this charging station, I could not use a credit card, it took me an hour to try to download some app for this ChargePoint just in order to charge this car. It took me over an hour to figure how to deal with this app, I got there at 9am it was now 10am, my flight was at 2:30. The flight that I had to change to an earlier day because I could not handle using this vehicle any longer. I got the charger in, finally, sat in the car and it said it would be 80% charged in an hour and 55 minutes!!! Honestly?? Honestly?? 2 hours to get to 80%. Now I am really in a panic. I stopped it when it read 129 thinking that should at least get me to Philly, hopefully, as it is only about 65 miles. When I arrived, I did not think it was proper, nor did I have the time, to go over all of this with the gentleman that took my car. I just told him I prepaid for GAS and this car does not take gas and he said well you are only getting charged $15 MORE than my prepay for gas. And I am like WTH? I got it with only charged at 50 I brought it back charged at about 50 and I should be happy that I prepaid for gas because it is only going to cost me $15 more. I mentioned my situation about getting this car and he recommended that I do not arrive on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday as those are the hardest days with cars well 1) I came in on a Tuesday and two I Never wanted an electric vehicle. I felt like I was in a bad Seinfeld episode where you know how to take a reservation, you just do not know how to keep a reservation.

I was so irate by the time I got home after thinking about all of this for 4.5 hours on my flight and an hour driving home and now still very upset that I had to write and call to tell you how miserable this car from your company that I did not reserve caused me to change my plane ticket, cost me to pay for a room for one night that I could no longer use, afraid and not wanting to drive anywhere and if I did find a place it would take 2 hours of my time to not even reach 100% of something, plus the cost is not as cheap as people think it is and honestly I was so naïve I did not even realize I had to pay for electricity!

Now what? Well I do not know, maybe you can help explain to me what you believe is fair for all of the cost, inconvenience and time with my family this has caused me when I never wanted an electric vehicle.

This is not who I am, I am not a person that complains and if I do it is usually to myself but this trip was a disaster and honestly it is all I can think about and had to tell you (& others) about it.

Reservation Summary

Mar 30 | 11:30 am

Add-ons

Skip the Pump and Save Time

Payment Information

Total is due upon rental return.

Total

$412.81

Price DetailsTotal does not include any additional items you may select at the location or any costs arising from the rental (such as damage, fuel, or road traffic charges). For renters under the age of 25, additional charges may apply, and are payable at the location.

Cancel Reservation

Location Details

Philadelphia International Airport

1 Arrivals Road

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19153

User's recommendation: I do not think they are a bad company, this is just one MAJOR bad experience for me and would like some restitution for it

Michael W Fuo

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Mischarged - charged for no show- when I cancelled reservation at counter with Dan at phoenix international airport

Hertz - Mischarged - charged for no show- when I cancelled reservation at counter with Dan at...
Hertz - Mischarged - charged for no show- when I cancelled reservation at counter with... - Image 2
Hertz - Mischarged - charged for no show- when I cancelled reservation at counter with... - Image 3
Hertz - Mischarged - charged for no show- when I cancelled reservation at counter with... - Image 4
Hertz - Mischarged - charged for no show- when I cancelled reservation at counter with... - Image 5

I entered the hertz car rental agency at phoenix international airport, I was then instructed by Tanya to reserve a rental online to receive the best pricing options. After I reserved the rental, I was instructed to work with Dan to receive pricing for auto insurance to travel into Mexico.

My initial quote for the rental was $705.11, Dan pulled up my reservation and began to add the rates for adding auto insurance to travel into Mexico, along with the additional damage coverage. I requested not to add the fuel refill charge, as I would refill the vehicle upon return. He drafted the quote and presented it to me. It totaled approximately $1,554 for 6 days.

I then noticed he included the fuel refill charge, and I pointed out that I specifically requested not to add the fuel refill option, and he rambled on about how he would remove it. I explained the quote was not within my budget and I no longer wanted to accept the agreement. Furthermore, I asked Dan to cancel the reservation, and I then left the business and researched other options. On 4/2/24 my credit card was charged $82.89 for a no show fee.

Which was shocking since I had cancelled the reservation at the counter immediately after placing the reservation and learning the cost was outside my budgeted expenses. I am dissatisfied with the lack of professionalism of the hertz representatives, Dan and Ramiro. I spoke with them upon my return from Mexico in hopes to resolve the issue, and was treated as if my concerns were unimportant. They provided me the customer relations/billing # 1-80*-***-**** which I attempted to call to resolve my issue.

I made several attempts to reach a representative on multiple occasions to no avail. This is completely disheartening because I had severe medical treatment performed and their lack of care made my experience more than unpleasant considering the state of my health.

Rob B Kyh

| map-marker Opfikon, Zurich

Hertz Charges for “damage” that’s not damage

Hertz Charges for “damage” that’s not damage
Hertz Charges for “damage” that’s not damage - Image 2
Hertz Charges for “damage” that’s not damage - Image 3
Hertz Charges for “damage” that’s not damage - Image 4

DO NOT rent a car here at Zurich Switzerland airport Hertz without the most complete inspection EVER! You will most likely be charged for damage that is beyond belief.

Im including pictures of the damage I was charged over $450 for on a wheel after the very odd, overly meticulous return inspection. I rent cars all the time and this was just strange. It seems more like a way to get revenue. I will NEVER rent from Hertz again.

Horrendous customer service, Hertz definitely missed the mark. I ask Hertz multiple times from e-mails to phone calls to links from their app to simply review the incident and was never contacted.

I was a gold member which basically means nothing. Hertz will never get my business again and now you can decidejust pay their significant fees to max out the damage coverage because there is a good chance youll be hit for some kind of damage when you return the vehicle.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Multiple locations
Cons:
  • Unscrupulous business practices

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t rent Hertz vehicles, you’ll be charged for damage that’s not damage

Rob B Kyh

| map-marker Huntley, Illinois

Charged $450 for damage that wasn’t damage

Hertz - Charged $450 for damage that wasn’t damage
Hertz - Charged $450 for damage that wasn’t damage - Image 2
Hertz - Charged $450 for damage that wasn’t damage - Image 3
Hertz - Charged $450 for damage that wasn’t damage - Image 4

DO NOT rent a car at the Hertz in Zurich, Switzerland Airport location without the most complete inspection EVER! You will most likely be charged for damage that is beyond belief.

User's recommendation: Don’t Never Rent at Hertz!!!

Jeronn W Inv

Rental challenges

Hertz - Rental challenges
Hertz - Rental challenges - Image 2
Good afternoon. I rented two vans this morning to take my choir to Jackson, MS. On one of the vans were the following problems: 1. Horn does not work 2. Van pulling to the right 3. Side door window broken. I had to tape it 4. Older model van I am very dissatisfied with the quality of vehicle given. I expected much more from your company and would like some compensation. Thank you.

Liwen D

| map-marker Buffalo, New York

Ridiculous experience and feel that we experienced fraud. Hertz voided the LDW we purchased at the beginning of the rental and forced us to pay!!!!!

In August 2023, my boyfriend and I rented a vehicle from Hertz in Buffalo, NY, and purchased the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) for this rental. On the final day of my rental, the vehicle was stolen.

We immediately reported the theft to the Buffalo Police Department, visited the nearest Hertz location, completed all necessary paperwork, and returned the keys to their staff. Throughout the entire process, we confirmed with Hertz staff that any damage cost and fee associated with this theft would be covered by the LDW we purchased.

In February 2024, we received an email from Hertz claiming damage to the vehicle and requesting payment. We reached out to them with the proof of the LDW we purchased which should have covered the loss due to theft. We have contacted Christian Whitney at Hertz and the Hertz Damage Recovery Unit to clarify the situation.

Despite several attempts, the only response we received was that my LDW coverage had been voided for this rental. When we asked for an explanation for voiding our LDW, they ceased communication. The representatives promised to escalate the issue to a manager or Christian Whitney, but the next time we hear about this issue is when a debt-collecting company (First Financial Asset Management). Now, they are asking us to pay for this loss.

Hertz's website clearly states that LDW will relieve any financial responsibility associated with the theft.

It is crazy that they voided the LDW we bought after the theft happened. What's the purpose for customers to buy this LDW?

The customer service is terrible and passive. Hertz never provided valid evidence but sent a debt collector forcing us to pay!!!

Cons:
  • Terrible customer service
  • Cheating customer

Preferred solution: Close the case and stop debt collector from reaching us

User's recommendation: do not rent hertz

Rox Pwl

Good to know & watch out for

Gary Z Mwg

Verified Reviewer

Report customer complaint regarding treatment by Hertz employee.

Hello,

I would like to make a formal complaint.

On 3-26-24 at 3:30 pm I was getting my car from the Beverly/Labrea rental office in Los Angeles, California.

The Hertz rental was arranged by State Farm Insurance while my vehicle damage was being repaired at Honda of Hollywood.

Hertz arranged for a Lyft car to come and pick me up at the Honda Collision Center in Hollywood

and to take me to the Hertz office at Beverly/Labrea.

Approximately an hour prior to bringing my car in for repair, I called into the local Hertz office to confirm my reservation. I spoke with a representative named "Ivan".

I asked Ivan if I could arrange to leave the rental car at the collision center after the repair was completed and Hertz could pick it up there.

I had asked the representative of Honda of Hollywood if it was okay to leave the vehicle there for Hertz to pick up after the repair was complete. He said Hertz can pick up the car there.

I also asked Ivan if there would be any type of charge to my card. He told me that I would just need to have a card on file with Hertz but that no charge would be made when I accepted the Hertz rental.

However, when I arrived at the counter, I was greeted by another employee who assisted me and completed the rental transaction. He informed me that a $50 hold would be placed on my card.

I tried to explain that was not what I was told, however I complied and the rental car processing was completed.

Suddenly my conversation was interrupted by another employee who said his name was Ivan and that I had called and spoken with him. He said that he told me that I could not leave the vehicle at the repair shop to be picked up by Hertz. He also said that he told me that my card would be charged.

I disagreed with that and told him, "That is not what you told me on the phone." Also, I said I did not say that I would bring the car back to the rental location. I stated to Ivan that "You told me I could have the car picked up at the collision center after my car was repaired." He denied saying that and started arguing with me in an aggressive manner.

I commented on being treated poorly and he then threatened to "cancel the car reservation". He said, I can just cancel it. I told him "No I don't want it cancelled and that he couldn't just cancel the reservation and that it was made through State Farms rental car coverage. He said "No.

It's cancelled now. I cancelled it". He continued to argue and interfere with me finishing up the paperwork with the representative who was handling my rental. Finally my son who was sitting there waiting for me told him to "stop disrespecting my Father, he is 72 years old and you need to treat him with respect".

It old Ivan I would complain with State Farm and Hertz and he said, I don't care. Ivan started arguing with my son and laughing and saying he would do what he wanted to do. He kept arguing and taunting my son and then Ivan came around the counter in an aggressive manner toward my son and my son walked up to him. Both I and the representative

told them both to stop.

The representative gave me the keys to the car and told me to ignore Ivan. I told my son it was time to leave. Ivan kept taunting, laughing and making verbal comments as we left

and finally my son told him off.

I don't want Ivan to do any work on my account or to access any of my personal account information or to have any more interface with Ivan. I prefer to leave the rental car at the Honda of Hollywood collision repair center which is near the Hertz rental office so they can pick up the car.

I don't want any more contact with Ivan. The other representative did his job. He completed the paperwork. Ivan lied about what he told me and what he claimed I had said.

Ivan then called my phone from 323-536-**** and said. "See, I called you."

It was the worst experience I had ever had at any rental car and I don't believe this is the standard for treatment of a customer. It is already frustrating to go through and accident and the repair experience. Which is why I chose Hertz because of it's reputation.

Please have a representative contact me and let me know that I can leave the rental car at the Honda of Hollywood repair center for Hertz to pick up the vehicle there when the repair is completed which should be in about a week or so.

Also please notify the Hertz representative who filled out my car rental and notify him that I can leave the car for Hertz to pick up at the Honda of Hollywood collision repair center after the repair is completed.

I don't want further contact with such a belligerent employee as Ivan. Ivan also refused to give me his card, or write down his name on a piece of paper.

I submitted this formal complaint so other customers don't have to encounter Ivan as part of their experience with Hertz rental.

Gary Zaccaria

Preferred solution: That is outlined in my letter to Hertz.

| map-marker San Sebastian, Puerto Rico

With Hertz everything is fine, but!!!

With Hertz everything is fine, but!!!
With Hertz everything is fine, but!!! - Image 2
With Hertz everything is fine, but!!! - Image 3
With Hertz everything is fine, but!!! - Image 4
I made my reservation by booking.com and paid $160.00 at that moment. When I pick up the car in the counter, I had to pay again $262.00. It was too much for a Toyota Corolla 4 doors car. What happened with the first $160.00 what I paid, I think it was included in the cost of the rent of the car. Can you help me please? There is the evidence below in photos and receipts
Keith G Dyf

| map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Stolen Possesion

Hertz - Stolen Possesion

On 2/18/2024 I booked a car rental with Dollar Rent A Car for 3/15 - 3/18/2024. Upon return of that vehicle the morning of at approximately 5:15 I was directed by the attendant (career thief) exactly where to park.

After gathering our baggage we walked into Reagan International Airport for our return flight. It was only then that I remembered that I had left my Cobra 480i Radar Detector on the dash of the Red 2020 Subaru CrossTrek. I've filed not one, but 2 "lost" & found reports although this item is far from being "Lost." I find it quite hilarious that viewing the so-called "LOST" & FOUND page that eyeglasses are the only thing being "LOST" these days! If Hertz/Dollar's thieves weren't stealing from paying customers they would be unemployed or on welfare!

I will never rent from another Hertz owned company again! Not a threat, but a promise!!! Being a glass half full type of guy THERE IS AN OUTSTANDING $100 PARKING CITATION" that was issued to the car as I DO NOT SEE MY NAME on the citation Kapische HERTZ?! Use the $$$ recouped from my stolen possession the pay that G*dD*amn Citation!

FYI, ALL CARDS HAVE BEEN REPORTED AS STOLEN , THEREFORE THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER CHARGES!!! TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME AND TURNABOUT'S FAIR PLAY!

Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Max A Xmf

| map-marker Nice, Provence-Alpes-Cote Dazur

Hertz France at Nice Airport - Insurance Scam

Hertz France at Nice Airport - Insurance Scam

We have rented at this office multiple times through KLM/Hertz. Our last experience can only be described as a scam.

Our inbound flight was delayed, but the office was waiting for me. Good service! Most other rental companies at the rental center had already left and most lights in the rental center were out.

The Hertz employee who also wanted to go home (I understand that at that late hour) had my key ready when I approached the counter. He gave me the key, I signed what he handed me and went to fetch the car.

Upon our return I got the receipt and there suddenly was an extra 637 euro charge for insurance.

That wasn't right because the entire rental cost was 436 euro and already included full insurance. I asked the employee if it was a mistake? She said not worry about it, and it would be adjusted automatically. It didn't feel good and I immediately contacted Hertz.

They didn't respond quickly so I kept pushing by email and phone. I tried to call the Nice office multiple time but the number on the papers and online doesn't work. I emailed multiple times and finally got an answer stating it was insurance that automatically was added to my credit card due to me being a gold member??? This is a flat out lie.

I'm a gold member but my previous rentals with KLM/Hertz under the exact same terms didn't have the sudden 'extra insurance' on top of the already paid rental, that also already included full insurance! And an extra insurance that is 637 euros extra for a complete 436 euro rental that already included insurance. That is a scam and a fraud.

I have asked Hertz multiple times to explain this to me and how it is possible that my previous rental didn't get the extra insurance, that they claim is automatically added on top of the rental due to my status.

They haven't responded, and I have been waiting for weeks for an explanation.

I understand why they don't reply. They can't explain this because they know it's a dirty trick.

Date of experience: February 25, 2024

Loss:
Pros:
  • Location was good by all car rentals
Cons:
  • Insurance scam

User's recommendation: Watch out for Hertz Nice Airport Insurance scam

Chico Akp

| map-marker San Francisco, California

No SUV when I reserved one

Hertz - No SUV when I reserved one
DShouldnt you have the SUV you ordered 3 months ago here? Dont take reservations if you cannot deliver a car.

User's recommendation: Don’t use them

Hertz - Car accident November 8th - Image 3
Hertz - Car accident November 8th - Image 4
Hertz - Car accident November 8th - Image 5
Hertz - Car accident November 8th - Image 6

I had gotten a rental through the Uber platform at a Hertz rental location in Overland Park Kansas. From the beginning I've had nothing but trouble with this rental location.

On November 8th at between 3:00 and 3:30 a.m. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident that sent me by ambulance to the hospital. I got a hold of Hertz emergency roadside assistance either the day of or day after said accident but because of broken ribs and severe contusions all over my body I was unable to maintain consciousness for almost a week after the wreck. I had gotten a case number from roadside assistance stating that they would make sure the car was picked up and all of the stuff was taken care of because I was unable to make it to the physical drop off location.

I provided them with all the location information and how to get the car and was still charged $1,200 that I didn't have for the last two and a half weeks but I haven't been able to work since the day of the wreck. So my Uber pay card was charged over $1,200 on a car I didn't have because I was incapacitated and nobody bothered to tell me that I would continue being charged if the car wasn't brought in if my husband would have known that he would have taken a tow truck and brought it straight to you guys' door but we didn't know that we were told that it would be okay that they would get it and now I'm being charged this money for what I was told was not a problem. So now not only am I not able to work but I can't even return to work because my own pay card has got a negative $1,200 balance which means no gas money which means I have no way to take care of my three kids and myself.

No matter how I look at it I'm bound to end up on the streets now unless by some miracle of God can come up with about $2,000 just to take care of the stuff involving that hurts rental to begin with does not to mention the rent and everything else that I'm not making these last almost 3 weeks. Rental record # below

Loss:
Pros:
  • Uber partner
Cons:
  • Everything else and above all honesty

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: If you have a choice and can go ANYWHERE ELSE save yourself the headache - go there instead.

Keanna Ybp

| map-marker New York, New York

PissedConsumer

We rental a vehicle from hertz I took the. Manger special and I thought that was great but in hind sight now I know why it was so cheap.

It started right away when I pickup the car when we went to pack it up yesterday we found out there was no spare tire. I called and emailed you. First thing this morning I called my local office and told the person that answered the phone what happened he put me on hold then I asked to speak to a manager she wasn't there, then I asked to speak to the person who rental the car to me I asked for another car she said none of the cars had spare tire and she didn't have any thing else. So we started our trip we got to NY and it started saying low electric so we Google a charging station we went to 6 of them and none were charging the vehicle.

I called talked to the charging station people and they said it was the vehicle.

So after driving around trying to find a station I called hertz my local office I told the girl I wanted to change vehicles where we were she said hold on, after 3 minutes the phone hung up, I called back and it ringing for a while and it was picked up and hung up again so when 3rd time I called she said she was going to let me talk to a manager waited awhile and it hung up so I called the corporate office and got help from 2 people (great Professional service)by then I was Pissed aggravand disappointment I wanted to just change my vehicle and go home I had to call my son and tell him we could not make it explain why and what was going on and please tell my grandkids we are going to miss thier games that is what hurts the most. The corporate office was trying everything to get us in another vehicle we were actually stranded and very PissedConsumer so they kept working on our problem to get us enough power to get us back home

And Jacob did thanks to him

Well I want a full refund and a Apology from those unprofessional people in our local office (we have rental very much from our local but 2/3 years ago you change the staff, but the old staff was extremely helpful, friendly and and professional never had a bad experience or vehicle from them you don't know how this breaks my heart that we missed our grandkids games if you need to speak to me please feel free to call or contact me

User's recommendation: No change staff

Sedena A

| map-marker Tulsa, Oklahoma

So I used a third-party to rent a car through dollar for my son's wedding and prepaid it and about $330. When I got to pick up the rental, they asked for my drivers license and major credit card so I gave it to them, and then when they went to run my credit card, they said that my credit card was not accepted there, even though it was a major credit card.

Sent over to Hertz to try to run my credit card there and they said that it was showing an error to call my credit card company so I called my credit card company. They said that they didn't see where they even tried to run my credit card to try again. Up to the rental counter. Ask them to run it again cause I ran it twice once a dollar once it hurts so they ran it again and the Attendance said that it was say it was showing authorization error for FP and to call the helpdesk.

So I asked him if he's going to call the helpdesk and he said no that they were gonna cancel the reservation due to my card not authorizing and I told him there's there's money in there to authorize my shows you haven't even tried authorize authorize it so I asked to speak to supervisor and this employee told me he was a supervisor so I dealt with him for 2 1/2 hours and they kind of find out he was not his manager or supervisor he was just an employee so when I got to talk to the manager about it, the manager got rude with me because I told him that his employees are playing like managers and they're not and then they wasted three hours of my time trying to get this rental so I can go out of state to my sons wedding. He tells me I have to call the third-party company which is VIP car rentals? They tell me the only dollar could do something about it so I have to go to and there's refusing to reimburse me my $330 because they said my card was declined which it was a declined. I have the paint the deal that he printed off for me stating that Card was not run they was not running it , so the policy states if a card is declined, insignificant funds, they will not refund your money.

It was not declined due to insufficient funds and still refusing to reimburse me my rental fees that I prepaid in advance.

Needless to say, I will never go to her dollar again. I've told all friends and family not to use them , am I in their crooks taking peoples money .

Loss:
Cons:
  • Are rude and rip people off

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use any car rental owned or operated by hertz

Guest

Your issue is with the online third party site you booked with. Hertz doesn’t have and never had your money.

Your booking site is not being honest. Hertz will not get paid until your card comes back authorized.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2507138

Hertz is the one who canceled my reservation bc they said my credit card was not going thru for the 200 deposit on the car . The third party had nothing to do with the rental deposit.

That's Hertz and it's hertz that is not authorized the third party to release my money back . Evan thought I didn't break any of their policy rules ..

View more comments (1)
Michael S Cgd

| map-marker New Orleans, Louisiana

Y'all will appreciate

Hertz - Y'all will appreciate
Hertz - Y'all will appreciate - Image 2
Updated by user Dec 09, 2023

I lost out on a day's work because of the negligence of the company. They have no means of communication between the corporate offices and the store locations...

and because of this there is no true inventory... therefore when I the customer books and reserve a vehicle...

Original review Dec 09, 2023
So, I booked a rental last night through the Uber Rental and was sent a confirmation number from Hertz shortly after...
I show up to Hertz near the Convention Center in New Orleans 15 mins early. I walk up to the counter at noon, give my name and start to give my confirmation number...

Being stopped short by the clerk stating "We're no Honering your Reservation"... Um excuse me, but I have a confirmation number for my reservation... "You should have received a text stating that we don't have the inventory... So, we're not going to honor your reservation."
Now, the last time I checked a confirmation number is verification of my reservation that secures me the product...

it's kinda like making an appointment to the Doctor's office. If I don't make it on time or cancel beyond an alloted time frame, there is penalties that I would incur... it's an agreement between to parties... also known as a contract.

I think that I may have to look into this as a breech of contract to one of my Lawyer Friends. If not, there's always the BBB...
Oh!!! Almost forgot about the 1 1/2 hour waste of time on the phone with customer service... and their ingenious though process to remedy the situation.
They found an available vehicle at the airport(16 Miles away on a Friday @2pm)...

so, I reinformed Them that I was dripped off with no means of transportation. An Uber/Lyft would've cost me $40+, public transportation would've cost me 2hrs, or walk it in 6-8 hours... So, I asked, are you gonna to provide a way to get there or reimburse by cutting some off the rental bill, something, anything? The response was an elongated..."No"
Then...

the quote that was for the original rental was $48 and some change... The replacement rental was quoted to me as $112... Ha...
Roughly calculated, between the trip to the Airport, the replacement rental, and not even adding the overall time lost and Security Deposit... I was looking at $152 bill for my Confirmed reservation of $48...

I was floored with this concept, but given a confirmation that they would reimburse the $64 difference once I returned the car...
SURE, LET ME JUST JUMP ON TO THE I AM A *** WAGON... NO THANK YOU
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are still open

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY, RUN, DON'T LET THEM SINK THEIR CLAWS IN TO YOU

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article