Rented a Peugeot Diesel at Shannon Airport in Ireland August 18, 2013 and signed for 958.88 Euros.

Hertz billed my Visa card days later at a Euro rate of $1.39

when the Euro rate was $1.33.

this company seems to have lost its way. Imagine presenting a car to be rented in the condition shown in the photo. I was shocked to see the damage to the left front end of this car which had 39,468 miles on the odometer (63519 kilometers). Again that is 39, 468, ad the tires were ready for a change, too low in tread for the rain slicked highways we faced some days in Dingle.

Stay away from Hertz! This company has definitely lost its way based on what I'm reading here!

Review about: Overcharge.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $58
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hertz?

Comments

Pissed with AAA Alabama and He
Defuniak Springs, Florida, United States #708973

I too have learned the hard way to stay away from Hertz and, for that matter, AAA as well.I was over billed for insurance that AAA Alabama said I had upon opening a Visa acount with them.

When I got to the Hertz counter at Frankfurt, Germany airport I was told I had no insurance. It seems a matter of no one willing to accept any responsibilty for the outrageous amount that I paid for insurance.

Be smart by booking your vacation or trip yourself rather than using AAA and, absolutely, stay away from Hertz.