1.9
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Hertz has not responded to any of our concerns. Do not rent from them!!

Our last experience with Hertz Was exceptional. So when it came time for our most recent trip we went back to the same place, and again use your company. There was a difference this time, we would be traveling with a pet. We did a quick Google search:image1.png How fortunate for us, the company we wanted to use was advertising they were pet friendly. Then, the week before our trip we booked our Rental. During our online search and in our subsequent online rental process, there was no information no boxes to check, or opportunity to comment that we were bringing a pet. So, we paid ahead of time, over $800. On September 14, 12 hours before we were supposed to leave we went to Herc to pick up our car.

When we arrived, we met Jennifer. She was exceptional, however, she begin to explain that we needed to make a 24 hour notification that we had a pet with us. We explain that we saw no information in our online rental, or place to inform Hertz that we had a pet. Why was there nothing in the online rental agreement? We were then told that we would not be able to rent a vehicle. As you can imagine, we were frustrated but respectful. We were left high and dry by Hertz. Where we going to find another car in the few hours we had before we were supposed to leave? During our conversation, the manager Nicole overheard us and came out of her office. She immediately verbally attacked us, as if somehow we are the ones that are supposed to understand why your website didn’t address this properly.

Nicole, with great anger, finally agreed to lend us the vehicle, with the following threat, “YOU BETTER BRING MY VEHICLE BACM WITHOUT A hint or trace of your pet”

I sincerely hope that you have both video and audio recording of your front office! I’ve never been treated this way, by a company, because I was trying to rent a vehicle from them.

After Nicole’s threat, we realized it would be a very bad idea to rent from Hertz. It was clear that she had threatened us, and that nothing we could do would bring any piece or resolution to this situation. So, we decided to leave without renting the vehicle. As we were leaving my wife asked Jennifer to please refund the rental price of the vehicle back to our credit card. At that time we were informed that they we would have to go through Hertz.

There is far more the distasteful Conversation, however, it is our sincere hope that this was recorded and videoed. If not, I can provide further details. Now we are stuck., forced to rent a vehicle from manager who was threatening, angry, unprofessional, disrespectful, and out right nasty.

Fortunately for us, Jennifer was the one who took us to our car. We both took a lot of pictures, and thanks to her salvaged this horrible day. In my opinion, you should fire Nicole and make Jennifer your general manager.

Here are my questions:

Why Would you advertise being pet friendly and then not have any questions about having a pet on the online application?

I am the customer, is it my responsibility to know everything about your company, your website, and policies that are clearly stated.

In addition to the rental of the vehicle, over $800. We were forced to take out further insurance to protect ourselves from your general manager, almost $500. And then a deposit of $200 was added on top of that. Again, let me state, I would not have rented this vehicle had we not been forced to buy the circumstances.

Well, there’s more, but I think that’s enough to help you get started.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hertz Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Staff was great.

I didn't like: Manager was angry, Manager was threatening, Had to pay for un-needed services.

Comments