I rented a car from Hertz in Dusseldorf for 6 weeks from June 13 until July 25.
I am enrolled in the Premium Car rental Protection Program provided by American Express.
When I returned the car, a Hertz employee reported damage - 1 small dent.
I asked whether Hertz was going to bother about it.
I was told that I would be notified.
Hertz immediately charged my credit card on July 25: the amount, EUR 786.28.
I asked many times for an explanation and invoice: there was no response until September 13, 50 days after Hertz charged my credit card.
I received a Hertz invoice on September 13th demanding additional EUR 364.30.
Hertz Dusseldorf charged EUR 1,150.58 for a hardly noticeable dent!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Extra Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan,..."
- "Kuala Lumpur Europcar cars are old, dirty and not road worthy. Fell for their glossy website and booked a car. On pick up I was offered a 7 y.o. rusted..."
- "rented rims from there for 2 months. when i gave the rims back the mechanic messed up the install, causing the stud on my car to snap and my wheel..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "Ordered a "Gildan Hoodie for the campaign ***Limited Edition***" on a bearded dragon which my son has 4 at home, and thought this would be an awesome bday gift! Ordered..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."