Our family rented a van from Hertz GR airport for a trip to Yellowstone National Park on July 3rd. Two hours after we drove on the road, the orange light was on. We called Hertz tech service, They told us it was just low air on the tire(s) and suggested us to find a gas station to fill it up. It turned out it was not as easy as it sounds.

Our first day trip was 12 hours drive. Due the tire issue we wasted almost two more hours to deal with it by finding the station that has a good facilities to fill the air and measurement, and test which tire was the problem (right back tire). When we arrived Cody, Wyoming, the orange light was on again. We filled it and continued our trip into the Yellowstone National Park. A few days later, we drive to Jackson, Wyoming and the orange light was on again. We called Grand Rapids office to ask them what the best way we should deal with the problem. I was given a phone # of Hertz in Jackson Wyoming to change the van. I called Jackson office and they said they didn't have the same size van for us to switch. We filled air before we left Jackson Wyoming and filled air in Iowa one more time before we got back to Grand Rapids.

Truly, the tire problem degraded our enjoyment of our vacation. We always worried we could be stuck in the middle of nowhere in west, not even mention about all the time we spent to deal with the tire problem. We even shortened one day of our vacation (We planned to return on July 13th, instead we came back one day early).

Upon return, we asked to talk to manager. The person on the counter gave us the phone and email of manager, Susan Smith. I emailed Susan Smith, and emailed twice for a follow up. Susan Smith never replied my message. I called every other day, the person/people who answered phone told me Susan Smith was not available for phone and asked me to leave my phone #. It's two more weeks, I have not received any phone or email from Susan Smith.

This is the service we have got so far. I don't bother contacting manager Susan Smith anymore, just want to share my experience with future customers and hope they get the best.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 29, 2014.

Comments