Jackson, Wyoming

I am a long time, Gold card Hertz customer who experienced the absolute worst customer experience that I have ever had from Hertz today.A month ago I booked a vacation trip on-line through United that required a connecting flight, and after booking that flight I got the question: Do you need a car?

from Hertz. I did so I booked a two week rental from Hertz at that time. Today, when I arrived at the connecting airport for the second leg of my United flights, I learned that United had cancelled my flight for "operational reasons", and I could not get to my intended destination until the next day. So, being the conscientious person I am, I contacted Hertz to let them know that I would not be able to pick up the car I had reserved until the next day, about 13 hours after what I had scheduled.

That's when Hertz informed me that since I was "changing" my reservation, rates had changed and I would now have to pay $1,700 for a rental that had been confirmed to me five weeks earlier at just under $800. I said, what a minute, I will now have the car for less time than I anticipated, and I contacted you just to let you know that my flight had been cancelled so I would have to delay the pick-up of the car I had reserved, and because of this Hertz was going to increase my rental charge by almost $1,000. I said, "Wait a minute, the car I reserved can sit in your parking lot unused for about 13 hours before I pick it up, and because of that you are going to more than double what Hertz confirmed to me the rental rate would be?" While I was in the air to my connecting flight United cancelled my second flight with no chance of getting to my final destination the same day, and Hertz's response was, instead of sympathy for your travel woes, we gottcha and now we are going to pile on to your woes. The Hertz manager I was connected to named Kirt smugly said "United cancelled your flight, you had to change the terms of your car rental, take it up with them." Well Kirt, you just lost a long-term, Gold card customer (30-plus years) for your company, and United (where I am a million mile life-time flyer), is this really the type of corporate partner you want to be associated with?

I will never ever rent a car through Hertz again.

And if anyone at Hertz cares to check this out, look at my confirmation record at G6730708799.I'll walk a 1,000 miles before I ever deal with Hertz again

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Hertz. The most disappointing about hertz car rental from Hertz was bad customer service , but reviewer liked pathetic. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hertz.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Hertz to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Hertz?

Comments