2.6
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I've spent the last couple of months trying to dispute a rental. I rented a vehicle from the Columbia-Gervais on June 1 my return was for June 4th however I was in an accident on June 3rd and Hertz was the first to be notified however I received an bill and withdrawal from my account of 1529.

I called and spoke with Hertz on the 14th and they stated they will handle. I was currently waiting on a phone call. So i was then directed to contact the branch manager the employees continue to state the a manager was not there and they will get her to contact me. Never recieved a call.

I do not feel I owe two weeks of rental because I was in a wreck on the 3rd the representative agreed. There was also a cleaning fee that if i could've cleaned up i would have. They had the car stored for 3 weeks i honesty dont feel that's my fault.

Now I receive an email saying I declined the loss waiver i purchase the insurance EVERY time rent a vehicle. It's in my profile.

I've been renting with this company for years im also "Gold Memeber" and it brings tears to my eyes that this has happened to me. I've been renting cars for over a decade and just asking for a little compassion, consideration and fairness and all they gave me was owell sorry and we really dont care to lose your business.

Comments

h.kitchener

Your main mistake was in apparently using a debit card instead of a credit card. Debit cards can be very dangerous, can't they?

As for Hertz, I haven't used them in many years, after the rude, disrespectful attitude of their employees at the Denver airport to someone traveling in military uniform. Avis came to the rescue and has been my rental car company ever since.