1.5
Insurance Quality

We just rented a car from Hertz for 11 days.The car was infested with bugs.

Thousands of them running all over the dash on the seats on us everywhere. We did not encounter them when we left with the car. It was not until we went to use the car the next morning that we saw them swarming. We called hertz immediately.

We were getting no answer so we kept leaving messages with the manager. Finally at 1:00 we got in touch with someone (because we kept calling) who put us through to roadside assistance. They told us to fuel up the car and bring it to Daytona beach airport where there would be a car waiting for us. Can you believe they wanted us to get back in that car??

My kids were traumatized to say the least as were my husband and I. Against everything in us we laid out plastic ponchos on the seat to get to a gas station and then the airport. There was no car available. After a big fight (very nasty rep at counter and of course no manager available)at the airport hertz finally sent for a car from Orlando.

We waited till after 6:00 for the new car. We wasted an entire day of our vacation sitting at an airport frusterated to say the least! The car that was brought to us was a definite downgrade from our first car (minus the bugs). We were told to speak to a manager upon returning of vehicle.

Of course no manager available again!! We left a detailed written course of events and copies of our contracts, receipt for a cab (which we were told we would be reimbursed for and never were),etc. They promised we would get a call the next day as we were getting ready to board the plane to back to NJ. We gave them a week.

No one ever bothered to call. I called them back and was put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time. When I finally got someone and re-explained everything again they told me the best they could do is refund me for a day!! Are you kidding?

That barely covered my cab fare. They don't care about their customers at all.

I should have realized that when the three customers ahead of me, when I was renting the vehicle, all had problems too and warned us.Please don't use this company!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. naypari stated that there is a room for improvement of bad service and bug infestation in car and bad customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of hertz car rental. Hertz needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hertz car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hertz.

Had an Experience with Hertz?

Comments